Tuesday, July 7, 2009

About me

Well where to start - a new page and hopefully a new beginning. I am starting this blog in the hope it well remotivate me on my weight loss journey. I don't want to go to much into the past because it is the present that matters and it is this that I am currently struggling so much with - suffice to say I know how to lose weight having lost 52 kg following Weight Watchers. I reached my goal weight of 62 kg two years ago now. I currently weigh about 70.5 kg. I never really was successful at maintaining my loss long term hovering around about 64 - 68kg more than the 62 in the two past years. My current weight is the heaviest I"ve got to and I swore to myself I'd never get back into the 70's again.
More disturbing is the fact that nothing seems to motivate me - I am eating really badly and to excess and it's a wonder I don't weigh more. I am just so disappointed in myself. I know I can do better but time after time after stringing a good few days together I just binge again. 6 months ago I had a fabulous five weeks in Europe and was so proud of myself as when I left I was 66.5 kg and I came back weighing 64.5kg - not many people can say they did that on holiday. My aim was to make the best choices possible and I did it and with all the walking the weight came off. But since then I have started a new job with a lot of stresses, have a terminally ill father and just to be honest have lost the plot completely.
I need to pick myself up no matter how many times I stuff up - I'm hoping I'll meet some people through here who can encourage me and likewise I can encourage you. I want to weigh 62kg again, I want to feel good in my clothes again. I need to get real and think that it's only 8.5kg not 52 kg to lose. I need to accept it will take time but it will be worth it in the end.
There's loads more I could say but that will do for now - I feel a little better for having written this - makes me see that I do really want to be successful and the only one that can do it for me is me. I need to stop this slide before all the weight is back on - I refuse to be one of those people who have lost all the weight to put it back on again.
I am sick of my life revolving around food and the guilt I feel for what I eat and how it is such a focus of each day - there is more to life than obsessing about weight and food. I am strong I can do this. I will do this. Please help me along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment